Watch the recordings
If you missed the 2020 Learning Symposium or want to review any of its content, you’re in luck! Recordings are now available for free online viewing.
Not sure where to start? See Featured Speakers and Panelists below – we’ve linked to sessions that featured HealthierHere partners and staff.
Please join us at the 2020 Virtual Learning Symposium on October 26-28. This free online event is presented by the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) and nine Accountable Communities of Health (ACHs) — one of which is HealthierHere.
October 26-28, 2020 HCA/ACH Learning Symposium
Topic: Community Health Through an Equity Lens
This year’s event will highlight the work of Washington’s Accountable Communities of Health, focusing on equity and community. Sessions include (but are not limited to):
- Keynote by john a. powell, Director of the Othering & Belonging Institute at UC Berkeley
- Community Partnerships to Promote Equity and Address Racism
- COVID-19 and Hard-Hit Populations: Response and Recovery
- Addressing the Social Determinants of Health: A Path Towards Equity
- Tribal Partnerships with ACHs
- ACHs in Action: Lessons Learned and Looking to the Future
Featured speakers and panelists
We’re looking forward to this opportunity to learn from and with communities across the state. HealthierHere is also proud and grateful to have our King County region’s work represented by partners and team members in several sessions:
Community Partnerships to Promote Equity and Address Racism
Moderator: Liz Baxter, North Sound ACH
– Pastor Anthony Steele, Allen AME Church
– Yusuf Bashir, Falis Community Service, HealthierHere Partner & Governing Board Member
– Hadley Morrow, Better Health Together
Developing a Health Equity Strategy for the WA Health Care Authority
Moderator: Kennedy Soileau, HCA
– Lena Nachand, HCA
– Mia Nafziger, HCA
– Susan McLaughlin, HealthierHere’s Executive Director
– Celeste Schoenthaler, Olympic Accountable Community of Health
Addressing Social Determinants of Health
Moderator: Carol Moser, GCACH
– AJ McClure, Global 2 Local, HealthierHere Partner
– Craig Dublanko, Coastal Community Action Program
– Leslie Narramore, Washington Gorge Action Programs
– Amy Brandt, Olympic Accountable Community of Health
– Pama Joyner, WA Department of Health
This year’s event will be virtual, with all keynote speakers and breakout sessions held via Zoom. There is no cost to attend. Review the detailed agenda here to determine which sessions you’d like to join, then use the daily schedule here to add them to your calendar.
We look forward to seeing you there!