Event: Defining Racism and Understanding Racial Trauma ($) (Day 2 of Two Day Virtual Conference)
Date/Time: 07/16/2020 at 6:00 am - 9:00 am
Location: Online - -
by Addiction-Prevention, LLC, and Kaii Marie
(from event page) Purpose of the Defining Racism and Understanding Racial Trauma Conference: Raise awareness of racial trauma in the African American and black community.
Defining Racism and Understanding Racial Trauma Virtual Conference Goals: Equip social workers and therapists with the tools needed to help them meet the needs of their clients. Attendees will learn:
- Historical roots of racism.
- Signs and symptoms of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.
- The impact racism has on mental health.
- Understand racial trauma.
- Signs and symptoms of racial trauma.
- How to serve clients who suffer from racial trauma
COST: The cost of the event is $70.00. Please register through eventbrite or Addiction-Prevention. Registrants will receive a notice of the process to submit payment.
- Day 1: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 9:00am – 12pm EST – Racism and Trauma Through A Historical Lens Panel
- Day 2: Thursday July 16, 2020 at 9am – 12pm EST – Unpacking Racial Trauma and Learning Signs and Symptoms Panel
*Please keep in mind that COVID-19 continues to impact events and business operations. We recommend checking event websites for updates.
iCal <– Click to download and save this appointment to your calendar