Title: Administrative Specialist
FLSA Status: Hourly; non-Exempt
FTE Status: 1.0 FTE – 40 hours per week
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday
Location: 1000 Second Ave., Suite 1730, Seattle, WA 98104
Salary: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
The Administrative Specialist reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for providing administrative services to HealthierHere staff, committees and workgroups as needed. This position will work in partnership with a staff of approximately 14 people to support the planning, organizing, and implementation of multi-stakeholder meetings and events related to HealthierHere’s priorities. This position will interact with a variety of stakeholders including community members, social service organizations, hospital/health systems, consumers and advocates, government staff, etc. and therefore requires professionalism, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and adaptability, as well as excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills. The successful candidate must have the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
The Administrative Specialist will prioritize social justice and equity and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County.
Core duties include:
- Coordinate and facilitate meeting logistics, including securing room, arranging for visual aids, catering, live-event assistance and other required necessities as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of meeting materials, including agendas, presentations, and other documents in coordination with meeting facilitators.
- Take meeting minutes that accurately reflect meeting discussions and develop summaries for distribution to participants in timely manner.
- Provide in room setup and support for HealthierHere sponsored webinars
- Provide assistance in phoning, mailing, faxing, scanning, copying and other program specific administrative duties.
- Effectively utilize data/file management systems and maintain accurate and organized records, databases, systems and files.
- Support effective HealthierHere communications through assistance in maintaining and updating Salesforce, website, and email/social media
- Provide other general administrative support as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of office/administrative related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience and professional certification
- Comfortable with lots of ambiguity and changing course of action regularly
- Ability to manage time well, and coordinate, organize and prioritize work assignments effectively and efficiently; excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; high degree of professionalism and ability to represent HealthierHere well
- Computer skills including a variety of software/platforms (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database and other applications)
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills to effectively communicate in person, in writing, over the phone with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and complete complex assignments with minimal direct supervision.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Healthier Here is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.