Title: Practice Transformation Manager (Quality Improvement Consultant)
FLSA Status: Exempt
FTE Status: 1.0 FTE
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends – as needed
Location: 1000 Second Ave., Suite 1730, Seattle, WA 98104
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000
Join our team!
General Functions and Outcomes
HealthierHere is moving forward a portfolio of delivery system reform activities in alignment with the Health Care Authority’s Healthier Washington plan and goals as described in the Medicaid Transformation Project Toolkit. HealthierHere’s project portfolio includes activities related to bi-directional integration, chronic disease prevention and control, transitional care, and addressing the opioid crisis. In addition, HealthierHere is committed to system transformation activities that include robust care coordination, addressing the social determinants of health, and reducing health disparities in the region.
The Practice Transformation Manager is responsible for planning and leading learning and continuous improvement initiatives with multiple partners from a variety of healthcare sectors (e.g. hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, behavioral health agencies, government, community-based organizations, and tribal organizations). Focused on the multiple healthcare sectors, the Practice Transformation Manager establishes and maintains effective working relationships with leadership, clinical and administrative staff, as well as consumers/patients and community members in support of organizational and system-level improvements.
Successful candidate(s) will work as part of a diverse team to ensure success. The Practice Transformation Manager(s) reports to the Director of Clinical Practice Transformation and supports implementing initiatives that impact multiple internal and external partners, including members of the Executive Team, the Governing Board, HealthierHere’s advisory committees, and staff. The ideal candidate(s) will have a broad understanding of health, including health equity, social determinants of health, and health care delivery and public financing systems.
Throughout this work, HealthierHere emphasizes the significance of addressing social justice and equity and is committed to addressing health disparities through the lens of targeted universalism and addressing structural inequality.
- Communicate and work effectively with a wide range of community and clinical partners including behavioral health, health care and social service providers, consumers, tribal members, elected officials, administrators, public health officials, state officials and others involved in efforts to create forward progress in health equity, social determinants of health and delivery system transformation.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to test and innovate healthcare delivery strategies that improve outcomes. Participate in resolving implementation and program challenges.
- Convene, facilitate and present at meetings, workgroups and committees to support implementation of transformation projects, including agenda setting, materials development, and follow-up.
- Support partners on implementing effective population health management strategies, such as empanelment, registries, and risk stratification.
- Collaborate with and coordinate the work of external vendors/consultants which provide training, technical assistance and practice coaching to clinical partners.
- Assist partners in creating workflows to optimize care delivery, introduce best practices improvements, and evaluate outcomes using rapid cycle improvements PDSA methods to reach mutual goals.
- Assist partners in the effective use of technology to support practice transformation (e.g. Collective Ambulatory, electronic health records, Community Information Exchange (CIE) and a shared care plan).
- Conduct research and root cause analysis on consumer, provider, vendor or process issues and effectively communicate clinical and process findings to others.
- Monitor progress, results and metrics in support of organizational and system-level transformation. Identifies challenges and recommends resolutions, including policy recommendations to respond to emerging issues or changing needs.
- Support the development of mechanisms and strategies for continuous improvement associated with project specific implementation and outcomes achievement. Assist partner organizations with resources and supports to make implementation changes.
- Support HealthierHere in meeting all reporting requirements and all project specific deliverables associated with the Medicaid Transformation Project and other contracts. Support the development of systems and processes to produce timely and accurate portfolio specific performance reports. Provide related analysis to meet statewide reporting requirements.
- Promote outreach, inclusion, and active community engagement across a wide array of organizational partners with an emphasis on Medicaid recipients, underserved communities, communities of color and nontraditional partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. MPH, MSW, MHA, MPP, MPA, MBA). A minimum of seven years full-time equivalent relevant work experience in healthcare, health and human services administration and/or direct services, public health policy, and/or business administration may substitute for a master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience implementing clinical practice transformation initiatives designed to help provider or hospital groups achieve large-scale health transformation goals.
- Experience preparing and presenting information to clinical and executive level leadership, both virtually and in-person.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse public and private sector stakeholders and community partners to manage multiple, competing interests and reach shared goals.
- Highly organized and proven track record of communicating effectively across executive level boards and committees, program staff, clinical and community partners.
- Commitment to and experience integrating the social determinants of health, addressing health disparities, and working with marginalized and underrepresented communities.
- Clinical licensure such as Registered Nurse, LICSW, LMHT, PA – C, or other relevant healthcare licensure.
- Experience in the fields of whole person integrated care (bi-directional integration), chronic disease prevention and management, transitions of care (hospitals and jails), and/or addressing the opioid crisis.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
Position is open until filled. Candidate reviews will begin September 27, 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, HealthierHere is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. HealthierHere does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.