HealthierHere and Public Health-Seattle and King County are excited to announce a new funding opportunity for the COVID-19 Health Literacy Project (HLP). Click to read the full request for applications (RFA), and to access related fillable word documents.
Health Literacy Project Objectives:
The Health Literacy Project aims to advance organizational health literacy strategies to assure that communities are reached effectively with public health messaging about COVID-19 mitigation strategies in a way that is culturally and linguistically responsive to communities disproportionately impacted by health disparities. The goal of the Health Literacy Project is to improve the system of developing and disseminating health information and materials. Culturally responsive and evidence-based organizational and personal health literacy strategies will be implemented by partners to assure that COVID-19 mitigation strategies are shaped and owned by impacted communities. The development of strategies for health literacy system change will be community-centered and informed, using a co-design process between partners, HealthierHere, and Public Health Seattle & King County.
Types of Participation:
Organizations can apply as Project Partners with up to an amount of $40,000. In addition to the Project Partner opportunity, applicants will also have the option of applying as an Advisory Group Participant, which if selected, will provide an additional $40,000 in funds. Details about both types of participation can be found in the request for applications. The intended contract period for both types of HLP participation is April 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- February 22, 2022 – Applicant Information Session Webinar
- February 23, 2022 – Deadline to submit questions and requests for additional information to HealthierHere
- February 25, 2022 – HealthierHere will post responses to submitted questions that are relevant to the general applicant pool.
- March 18, 2022 – Applications Due. You will find details about the opportunity, eligibility, application requirements, and application materials in the attached RFA materials.
- April 1, 2022 – Fund Awards Announced
- April 8, 2022 – Contract Start Date
Single Point of Contact: Please send all questions, requests for information, and final application materials to Thuy Hua-Ly, HealthierHere’s Chief Financial Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar: To learn more about this RFA please watch a recording of our webinar.
Topic: Health Literacy Project RFA Webinar
Recording Date: Feb 22, 2022
Access Passcode: GB7Zj+l7
Thank you for your time and consideration.