HealthierHere's is now recruiting for the role of Accounting Analyst! See the position details and application instructions below.
Reports to: Chief Finance and Operations Officer
Hiring Pay Range: $75,000 - $85,000
Benefits: 100% Paid by employer: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD. 403(b) Retirement matched at 5%; increasing to 10% over time, 100% immediate vesting. PTO: 3 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, 4 wellness days, 13 holidays; $750 annual wellness benefit, and optional Flex plan and dependent coverage.
Work location: Currently we are fully remote. A hybrid approach is planned for mid-2024 with a location in King County, WA
Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please send your resume to: Giuliana Franco, HR Recruitment Consultant – email@example.com with “Accounting Analyst” in the subject line.
HealthierHere is the backbone entity for a cross-sector collaborative working to address health disparities and improve health outcomes for people in King County by improving the current system of care. This work centers community and Tribal voice along with healthcare and social service providers in the co-creation and implementation of strategies designed to provide access to culturally appropriate care, supports and services that help people achieve the health outcomes that they desire for themselves. Principles of equity, anti-racism, decolonization and authentic community engagement serve as the lens that shapes the way we do business.
As a member of HealthierHere’s Finance and Data Strategy team, the role of the Accountant is to support HealthierHere’s financial processes and operations for both the LLC and C3 organizations. This includes financial accounting and reporting, preparation of financial statements, preparation for external audits, grant and awards accounting and compliance, and providing overall administrative financial support. This position reports to HealthierHere’s Chief Finance and Operations Officer, and will collaborate with HealthierHere’s programmatic teams, as well as interact with HealthierHere’s external partners, grantors, and stakeholders.
The Accountant’s workload will be detail-oriented, subject to multiple and competing deadlines, and the ability to work independently. As a result, the ability to prioritize, organize and regularly communicate project status to the Senior Financial Analyst and Chief Finance and Operations Officer is fundamental to the role. The role will be responsible for the regular aggregation of financial information and data for use in presentations by the Chief Finance and Operations Officer. The Accountant will be required to translate complex issues and topics into relatable information to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations team to ensure accurate and complete financial accounting and reporting.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Finance department, including generalledger maintenance, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accounts payableand accounts receivable, and grant and awards accounting.
- Support the month-end and year-end close processes, ensuring entries andaccruals are complete and accurate.
- Review and/or assist with the preparation of financial statements and recordsprovided to funders and auditors; assists as needed with the preparation ofannual financial reports.
- Support grants and awards accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Engage with funders to complete subrecipient risk assessments and desk audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of three years’ experience in non-profit finance, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Expert knowledge of general financial accounting and an understanding of an ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of grants and awards accounting, non-profit cost accounting, and government contracts.
- Experience with non-profit financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or other non-profit accounting software packages.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to carry out complex work in collaboration with colleagues and partners, leading projects to completion with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills, with specific skills for translating advanced analytic/technical concepts into a format and language that is understandable and actionable to abroad audience of stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills; adept at building and fostering positive working relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Suite skills; demonstrated strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Deep and demonstrated personal and/or professional commitment to advancing equity and social justice, and strong alignment with HealthierHere’s organizational values.
- Demonstrated ability to engage individuals respectfully and effectively from different cultures and backgrounds.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
As an equal opportunity employer, it is the policy of HealthierHere to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment, and to assure that there is no discrimination against any person on the basis of his or her race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability in accordance with state and federal laws. HealthierHere is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, multicultural workplace. HealthierHere values diversity and strives to have a diverse workforce and is committed to equal employment opportunity. HealthierHere actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply.
Schedule and Worksite:
This position works full-time Monday – Friday during standard business hours. HealthierHere is currently performing all work remotely through with a hybrid approach planned for mid-2024. There may be situations where the employee is required to report to an off-site HealthierHere work location. Employees will be provided with a HealthierHere-issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours.
Who We Are:
HealthierHere is a regional collaborative committed to transformative change in the health and well-being of King County residents. We bring together community members and leaders from diverse sectors to address persistent health disparities, improve population health, prevent disease and address the social determinants of health. We strive for the “quadruple aim”—providing better care, lower costs, and a better experience for patients and providers.
HealthierHere is one of nine Accountable Communities ofHealth in Washington State responsible for addressing health equity and supporting whole person integrated care. This is one part of a much broader effort to achieve significant gains in health and well-being for our community.
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners. HealthierHere leads with equity. We work to intentionally eliminate disparities and address the current power dynamic and structural racism in our health care system that perpetuates inequities. We believe that every community member in King County should receive the type of care that they deserve - with respect and without stigma - to address their unique and individual needs.
As our name suggests, we are committed to health equity and believe that here, in King County, everyone’s health matters.
More information about HealthierHere can be found at: https://www.healthierhere.org