HealthierHere is now accepting applications for the role of Partnership and Engagement Manager! Please see the job description and instruction applications below.
REPORTS TO: Equity and Strategy Office Assistant Director
HIRING PAY RANGE: $90,000 to $110,000
100% Paid by employer: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD. 403(b)
Retirement matched at 5%; increasing to 10% over time, 100% immediate vesting.
PTO: 3 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, 4 wellness days, 13 holidays,
$750 annual wellness benefit, optional Flex plan and dependent coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Currently we are fully remote. A hybrid approach is planned for mid-2024 with a location in King County, WA.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm,
HealthierHere is the backbone entity for a cross-sector collaborative working to address health disparities and improve health outcomes for people in King County by improving the current system of care. This work centers community and Tribal voice along with healthcare and social service providers in the co-creation and implementation of strategies designed to provide access to culturally appropriate care, supports and services that help people achieve the health outcomes that they desire for themselves. Principles of equity, anti-racism, decolonization and authentic community engagement serve as the lens that shapes the way we do business. The Partnership and Engagement Manager will report directly to the Assistant Director for the Office of Equity and Strategy and will be responsible for building partnerships with HealthierHere stakeholders while designing, implementing and supporting outreach and engagement activities in support of HealthierHere’s programs and initiatives. This will include, but not be limited to, planning and facilitating meetings, measuring effectiveness of engagement strategies, conducting outreach and engagement activities for community members, AI/AN/I people, community-based and clinical organizations. Current initiatives include the development and implementation of a Community Information Exchange, Connect2 Community Network, Community Hub for care coordination, and related healthcare system transformation projects. The Manager must be committed to: (1) embedding principles of authentic outreach and engagement within all of HealthierHere’s work, (2) utilizing an equity framework as a way of doing business; and, (3) partnering with relevant stakeholders to make system-wide improvements that contribute to the elimination of health disparities and improve the health of King County community members.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Project Management including development of work-plans
• Outreach and Engagement
• Partnership/Relationship Management
• Meeting Planning and Facilitation
• Technical Assistance/Subject Matter Expertise
• Manage the outreach and engagement components of projects and initiatives within HealthierHere.
• Develop and implement work-plans while monitoring, tracking and reporting progress related to assigned projects and initiatives.
• Where applicable, monitor programmatic portions of relevant HealthierHere contracts including, but not limited to: maintaining communication with contracted organizations; receiving, reviewing and analyzing partner reports; providing technical assistance to contracted partners; ensuring that contract requirements are met in a timely fashion; receiving and reviewing invoices; and, other contract monitoring responsibilities as assigned.
Outreach and Engagement
• Design and implement activities and strategies to engage community, healthcare providers, social service providers, Tribes, tribal healthcare providers and other interested parties in HealthierHere’s mission, programs, initiatives and collective efforts.
• Develop specific strategies to engage a variety of stakeholders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of HealthierHere’s initiatives. Such audiences will include: community members experiencing health disparities; healthcare and social service providers; and, Tribes, tribal healthcare and tribal social service providers.
• Recommend strategies elevated developed through outreach and engagement activities toHealthierHere staff and Board.
• Monitor, track and report how information gathered through outreach and engagement activities are being included within HealthierHere’s work.
• Communicate results of outreach and engagement activities to engagement participants.
• Recruit, retain and develop relationships with members of HealthierHere’s cross-sector collaborative to include, but not be limited to: community, Tribes, tribal healthcare providers, tribal social service providers, physical and behavioral healthcare providers, community-based organizations, healthcare payors, government and philanthropic entities.
• Communicate with partnering people and organizations and measure partnership engagement in organization-wide HealthierHere programs and initiatives.
Meeting Planning and Facilitation
• Convene and facilitate internal and external meetings with relevant or prospective people and organizations engaging with HealthierHere to develop and implement strategies in support ofHealthierHere’s mission, vision, programs and initiatives.
• Facilitate, develop, implement and monitor work plans for assigned workgroups and committees including directly staffing community and Tribal focused workgroups and committees.
• Develop agendas, meeting materials, coordinate speakers, maintain notes, and follow-up on action items resulting from meetings.
• Communicate information gathered from assigned workgroups and committees to HealthierHere staff and Board (where appropriate).
Technical Assistance/Subject Matter Expertise
• Coordinate and align culturally relevant and appropriate outreach and engagement strategies across the organization.
• Provide subject matter expertise and assistance related to outreach and engagement.
• Research and communicate best practices related to culturally appropriate outreach and engagement strategies and approaches.
• Ensure that HealthierHere is using an equity lens within its planning, design, implementation and evaluation of programs and initiatives
• Ensure alignment with HealthierHere initiatives, investments, and values.
• Support HealthierHere in meeting reporting requirements and project specific deliverables.
• Support writing and management of funding proposals and/or contracts, as needed.
• Build effective working relationships with peers, leadership, and partners.
• Apply HealthierHere’s equity and inclusion principles to all assignments; promote outreach, inclusion, and active community engagement across a wide array of organizational partners.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Combination of life experience and/or education demonstrating at least five (5) years’ experience in effectively conducting outreach and engagement for organizations serving as collective impact backbone entities and/or organizations seeking to incorporate the unique perspectives of historically marginalized and underserved community members in transformation efforts.
• Connection with and demonstrated ability to respect, understand and authentically engage with community members with diverse and unique backgrounds who are currently experiencing health disparities in King County.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and community relations skills including, but not limited to, facilitation skills, ability to collaborate across community, healthcare, social service, Tribes and Tribal health sectors , and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with community-based organizations, Tribal organizations, and other health and social service organizations.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and other relevant computer programs to analyze information, develop materials, monitor and communicate progress
• Experience integrating the social determinants of health, Health Related Social Needs, addressing health disparities, and working with marginalized and underrepresented communities as part of transforming the way that healthcare is provided, funded and experienced.
• Demonstrated experience with cultural humility or experience earning the respect of diverse communities when working to achieve system-wide health-related change.
• Demonstrated experience working in a clinical or social service organization participating as a member of a cross-sector collaborative to achieve system-wide change.
• Knowledge of tribal health and experience working with American Indian, Alaska Native and/or Indigenous people.
• Ability to provide partnership outreach and engagement services to assist with spotting potential outreach and engagement issues, solving problems related to outreach and engagement, scoping assigned projects and initiatives and developing external consulting engagements.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and response to the following questions to: Giuliana Franco, HR Recruitment Consultant – email@example.com with “Partnership and Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
- Please describe what equity means to you.
- Provide an example of an equity /social justice experience from your personal and/or professional life and how that would influence your work at HealthierHere.
Application review will commence on November 17th, 2023.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
It is the policy of HealthierHere to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment, and to assure that there is no discrimination against any person on the basis of his or her race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability in accordance with state and federal laws. HealthierHere is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, multicultural workplace. HealthierHere values diversity and strives to have a diverse workforce and is committed to equal employment opportunity. HealthierHere actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply.
Schedule and Worksite: This position works full-time Monday – Friday during standard business hours. HealthierHere is currently performing all work remotely through with a hybrid approach planned for mid-2024. There may be situations where the employee is required to report to an off-site HealthierHere work location. Employees will be provided with a HealthierHere-issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours.
Who We Are
HealthierHere is a regional collaborative committed to transformative change in the health and well-being of King County residents. We bring together community members and leaders from diverse sectors to address persistent health disparities, improve population health, prevent disease and address the social determinants of health. We strive for the “quadruple aim”—providing better care, lower costs, and a better experience for patients and providers.
HealthierHere is one of nine Accountable Communities of Health in Washington State responsible for addressing health equity and supporting whole person integrated care. This is one part of a broader effort to achieve significant gains in health and well-being for our community.
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners. HealthierHere leads with equity. We work to intentionally eliminate disparities and address the current power dynamic and structural racism in our health care system that perpetuates inequities. We believe that every community member in King County should receive the type of care that they deserve - with respect and without stigma - to address their unique and individual needs.
As our name suggests, we are committed to health equity and believe that here, in King County, everyone’s health matters.