HealthierHere is now hiring for the role of Communications Specialist! Please see information about the role and how to apply below.
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
HIRING PAY RANGE: $70,000-90,000 (Full-time/Annual)
100% Paid by employer: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD.
403(b) Retirement matched at 5%; increasing to 10% over time, 100% immediate vesting.
PTO: 3 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, 4 wellness days, 13 holidays,
$750 annual wellness benefit, optional Flex plan and dependent coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Currently we are fully remote. A hybrid approach is planned for mid—2024 with a location in King County, WA.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Communications Specialist is responsible for co-developing and implementing HealthierHere’s day-to-day communications activities to promote the organization’s collaborative work, advance its brand, and support financial sustainability efforts. Reporting directly to the Communications Manager, this role will manage HealthierHere’s communications channels and develop timely, relevant digital and print content for the organization’s diverse audiences.
This role will support internal and external communications-focused collaboration, providing administrative assistance and content development for meetings and engagements. They will serve as an in-house resource and brand coordinator. In addition, they will help to plan and promote external events and learning opportunities such as convenings, webinars, and speaking engagements.
In this dynamic, hands-on, and cross-functional position, the Communications Specialist will play a key role in elevating awareness of and engagement with the organization. They will communicate about a variety of initiatives and efforts through accessible, plain language writing and content that conveys the unique ways that HealthierHere is advancing health equity and improving well-being in our communities. The ideal candidate for this position is an outstanding cross-channel content creator, writer, and storyteller with strong project management skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of work and communication styles.
The Communications Specialist must be committed to: (1) utilizing an equity framework as a way of conducting internal and external business and program work; (2) partnering with clinical and community partners, Tribes, and relevant stakeholders to make system-wide improvements, and (3) facilitating collaborative and collective strategies that contribute to the elimination of health disparities and transform the health of the population in King County.
HealthierHere’s goal is to build a highly skilled, diverse, and motivated team of employees who prioritize social justice and racial equity and are committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County, working together to meet our community’s needs.
- Schedule and coordinate regular check-ins with staff to gather and organize information for communications needs, and glean compelling story ideas and opportunities. Share and monitor meeting notes and action items.
- Research and conduct outreach for potential speaking engagements.
- Manage and regularly update the HealthierHere website, including designing, curating, and posting web content (i.e. blogs and announcements) and pages, enhancing accessibility, and monitoring performance.
- Cultivate and manage HealthierHere’s social media presence, regularly posting to all active social platforms and engaging with and cross-promoting partner organizations’ content. Design and implement paid social media ads for select campaigns. Monitor, report, and continuously improve upon key metrics.
- Build and distribute e-newsletters and email campaigns to promote awareness about and participation in HealthierHere programs and activities; manage contact lists.
- Help create external presentation materials (i.e. slides and infographics)
- Develop collateral and online content, including concept, copy, basic design and simple graphics.
- Develop digital and print promotional materials, including brochures, flyers, and one-pagers to promote initiatives like the HealthierHere Community Hub and its related services to potential clients as well as service providers (hospitals, clinics, social services, CBOs, faith-based organizations) who can refer clients to the Hub.
- Develop social media and web-based content to promote HealthierHere initiatives to potential clients, service providers, and partners through HealthierHere’s website, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Support outreach efforts to expand the HealthierHere network and Community Hub by contributing graphics, short videos, and other compelling visual aids to presentations for webinars and public meetings.
- Support activities related to fundraising and sustainability efforts.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to develop and distribute storytelling projects.
- Track digital communications channels and content performance and regularly share reports with the Communications Manager and other team members as needed.
- Create and execute an editorial calendar and implement strategies outlined in communications plans.
- Organize and maintain communications-related files, assets, and SharePoint folders. Support HealthierHere partners and stakeholders with requests and needs for HealthierHere branding assets.
- Monitor procedures to ensure that all printed and digital materials adhere to the style and branding guidelines. Support other HealthierHere staff with brand-related requests and needs.
- Help coordinate and support external events and engagements supported by the communications team.
- Support planning and promotion of virtual and in-person events, such as webinars and convenings. Track attendance, document events (i.e. take photos/videos and summarize highlights for follow-up communications pieces), and coordinate post-event follow-up.
The successful candidate will have:
- Deep and demonstrated personal commitment to advancing equity, social justice, and anti-racism; strong alignment with HealthierHere’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated ability to engage individuals respectfully and effectively from different cultures and backgrounds; demonstrated experience implementing culturally responsive communications strategies that center community voices and lived experiences.
- Combination of lived experience or education demonstrating at least 2 years combined experience in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills. Strong understanding of and ability to write in plain language.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills; adept at building and fostering positive working relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Strong fluency in:
- Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube; other social media management/monitoring tools a plus
- Website content management systems (Webflow a plus)
- Mailchimp (other email marketing platforms and skills a plus)
- Canva and or similar tools; Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom) a plus
- Zoom, Teams, and other teleconferencing platforms
- Experience developing editorial calendars and producing engaging content for social media, e-newsletters, and websites; ability to track and analyze content performance.
- Experience planning, promoting, implementing, and documenting internal meetings and external events.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of motivation, creativity, and proactivity; ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating engaging visual content and graphics.
- Strong understanding of digital communications and social media landscapes; proactive in learning emerging promising practices, tools, and technologies.
The most competitive candidates will lead with a passion for equity and bring:
- Experience working on issues related to health equity, health and wellness, social determinants of health and/or social services at a non-profit organization or community coalition.
- Familiarity with King County and knowledge of social, clinical, and/or tribal services in the region.
- Experience collaborating with Tribal/Indigenous/Native-led & Native-serving organizations and communities, as well as other BIPOC organizations and communities.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications strategies that support language access/justice and disability access/justice.
- Fluency or professional proficiency in communicating in languages relevant to our service communities (such as Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese, Russian, or Mandarin).
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
It is the policy of HealthierHere to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment, and to assure that there is no discrimination against any person on the basis of his or her race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability in accordance with state and federal laws. HealthierHere is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, multicultural workplace. HealthierHere values diversity and strives to have a diverse workforce and is committed to equal employment opportunity. HealthierHere actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply.
How to Apply
To apply: please send your resume and cover letter to Giuliana Franco, HR Recruitment Consultant – email@example.com with “Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
Schedule and Worksite
This position works full-time Monday – Friday during standard business hours. HealthierHere is currently performing all work remotely with a hybrid approach planned for mid-2024. There may be situations where the employee is required to report to an off-site HealthierHere work location. Employees will be provided with a HealthierHere-issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours.
Who We Are
HealthierHere is a regional collaborative committed to transformative change in the health and well-being of King County residents. We bring together community members and leaders from diverse sectors to address persistent health disparities, improve population health, prevent disease and address the social determinants of health. We strive for the “quadruple aim”—providing better care, lower costs, and a better experience for patients and providers.
HealthierHere is one of nine Accountable Communities of Health in Washington State responsible for addressing health equity and supporting whole person integrated care. This is one part of a broader effort to achieve significant gains in health and well-being for our community.
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide our work. HealthierHere leads with equity. We work to intentionally eliminate disparities and address the current power dynamic and structural racism in our health care system that perpetuates inequities. We believe that every community member in King County should receive the type of care that they deserve - with respect and without stigma - to address their unique and individual needs.
As our name suggests, we are committed to health equity and believe that here, in King County, everyone’s health matters.
More information about HealthierHere can be found at: https://www.healthierhere.org.