HealthierHere is now hiring for the role of Community Hub Training and Support Specialist! Please see the full job opportunity details below.
Job Title: Community Hub Training and Support Specialist
Reports to: Community Hub Manager
Classification: Full-time/Annual, Salary/Exempt
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
Benefits: 100% Paid by employer: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD.; 403(b) Retirement matched at 5%; increasing to 10% over time, 100% immediate vesting. PTO: 3 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, 4 wellness days, 13 holidays, $750 annual wellness benefit, and optional Flex plan and dependent coverage.
Work location: Currently we are fully remote. A hybrid approach is planned for mid-2024.
Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Who We Are
HealthierHere is a non-profit regional collaborative committed to transformative change in the health and well-being of King County residents. We bring together community members and leaders from diverse sectors to address persistent health disparities, improve population health, prevent disease and address the social determinants of health. We strive for the “quadruple aim”—providing better care, lower costs, and a better experience for patients and providers.
HealthierHere is one of nine Accountable Communities of Health in Washington State responsible for addressing health equity and supporting whole person integrated care. This is one part of a much broader effort to achieve significant gains in health and well-being for our community.
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners. HealthierHere leads with equity. We work to intentionally eliminate disparities and address the current power dynamic and structural racism in our health care system that perpetuates inequities. We believe that every community member in King County should receive the type of care that they deserve - with respect and without stigma - to address their unique and individual needs.
As our name suggests, we are committed to health equity and believe that here, in King County, everyone’s health matters.
More information about HealthierHere can be found at: https://www.healthierhere.org.
The Training and Support Specialist reports directly to the Community Hub Manager. The Training and Support Specialist will have an external focus, supporting HealthierHere’s network of care coordination service providers (Care Coordinators/Community Health Workers/Navigators/Case Managers) and Supervisors who are part of the HealthierHere Community Hub. The focus of the Training and Support Specialist will be to serve as an in-house subject matter expert on care coordination for clients with complex and diverse needs, and effective resource navigation and referrals in the King County region. They will provide direct support to the network, coaching and advising on client issues when additional support is needed. They will also determine training needs and organize and implement regular training series and convenings for the Care Connect network.
Care Connect Washington is a statewide COVID-19 care coordination model managed by the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) and implemented regionally. The HealthierHere Community Hub serves King County and is intended to identify and provide support, using a low-barrier, human-centered, equitable model, for individuals and households who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and its after-effects. These supports will address health and social needs, and mitigate the health, economic, and social effects COVID-19 has on communities, particularly those disproportionately impacted and historically marginalized. The King County Care Connect Hub contracts with local community-based organizations to provide direct care coordination services, with referrals processed and assigned via the central Hub.
The Training and Support Specialist must be committed to: (1) utilizing an equity framework as a way of conducting internal and external business and program work; (2) partnering with clinical and community partners, Tribes, and relevant stakeholders to make system-wide improvements, and (3) facilitating collaborative and collective strategies that contribute to the elimination of health disparities and transform the health of the population in King County.
HealthierHere’s goal is to build a highly skilled, diverse, and motivated team of employees who prioritize social justice and racial equity and are committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County, working together to meet our community’s needs.
Support the ongoing implementation and training needs to Care Connect contracted partners.
- Provide daily support and coaching to Community Health Worker (CHW) personnel and Supervisors at Care Coordinating Agency (CCA) partner organizations.
- Conduct assessments of CCA network training needs and develop effective tools to survey CHW staff.
- Develop and design virtual and in-person training presentations to address program needs.
- Organize and facilitate regular trainings and convenings for the CCA network.
- Stay up to date on availability of social services via referrals to outside organizations.
- Procure trainings offered by outside entities and consultants when appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance on Care Connect processes, workflows, services, and use of the Community Health Record (CHR) online platform.
Support the ongoing implementation needs of the Care Connect program.
- Provide backup for Referral Specialist.
- Coordinate and process intakes and referrals from multiple sources, including the WA State DOH, local medical clinics, community-based organizations, schools, and community members’ self-referral, etc.
- Assign referrals to the appropriate CCAs and CHWs in a timely manner and according to multiple considerations including but not limited to cultural match, geography, language, and CHW caseload capacity.
- Maintain proper documentation when processing and assigning referrals in accordance with HealthierHere Care Connect policies and procedures.
- Respond to client phone calls on a rotating basis, serving as the first point of contact for clients calling the Community Hub directly.
Ensure alignment with HealthierHere initiatives, investments, and values.
- Communicate and work effectively with a wide range of HealthierHere partners.
- Convene, facilitate, and present at meetings, workgroups, and committees to support implementation of care coordination strategies across the healthcare and social service delivery system in King County.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating the collection of successful client stories for HealthierHere communications.
- Build effective working relationships with peers, leadership, and partners.
- Apply HealthierHere’s equity and inclusion principles to all assignments; promote outreach, inclusion, and active community engagement across a wide array of organizational partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Deep and demonstrated personal commitment to advancing equity and social justice, and strong alignment with HealthierHere’s mission and values.
- Combination of at least 4 years of education or experience in health and/or community services.
- At least 2 years of experience providing care coordination and/or health navigation services directly to underserved patients/clients, families, and community members.
- Deep understanding of the various social service programs available to low-income community members in King County.
- Demonstrated facilitation and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and other relevant computer programs.
- Ability to work with creativity and flexibility, both independently and as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality with diverse populations.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, administration, and coordination skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
The most competitive candidates will lead with a passion for equity and bring:
- High-level understanding of community-based care coordination workforce development needs (i.e., skills, knowledge, competencies)
- Experience with the Washington state DOH Care Connect Program
- Commitment to and experience integrating the social determinants of health, addressing health disparities, and working with marginalized and underrepresented communities including BIPOC communities.
- Experience working with small, medium, and large community-based organizations, trusted community advisors, local government agencies, Tribal Governments and Native and/or Indigenous people as part of a multi-sector, multi-cultural collaborative effort designed to improve health outcomes for communities experiencing health disparities specific to King County.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Training and Support Specialist” in the subject line.
Application review will commence on September 8, 2023.
As an equal opportunity employer, HealthierHere is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. HealthierHere does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
Schedule and Worksite
This position works full-time Monday – Friday during standard business hours. HealthierHere is currently performing all work remotely. Some of the work may continue remotely on an ongoing basis, depending on business needs. There may be situations when the employee is required to attend work-related meetings and functions in person. A hybrid approach is planned for mid-2024 with details and expectations forthcoming. Employees will be provided with a HealthierHere-issued laptop and must maintain a work space with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours.