In case you missed it, we recorded the April 6 COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A conversation. Watch it here:
Thanks to all who joined us live, signed up to receive the recording and/or helped get the word out. Please feel free to share with anyone who might benefit!
Huge thanks to our esteemed panelists, Ahmed Ali, Executive Director, Somali Health Board; Esther Lucero, Chief Executive Officer, Seattle Indian Health Board; and Marguerite Ro, Chief of Assessment, Policy Development, and Evaluation / Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention at Public Health - Seattle & King County.
Original post starts here
Please join us Tuesday April 6 at 3-4:30pm for a COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A for Frontline Staff and Community Members.
Featuring guest panelists:
- Ahmed Ali, Executive Director, Somali Health Board
- Esther Lucero, Chief Executive Officer, Seattle Indian Health Board
- Marguerite Ro, Chief of Assessment, Policy Development, and Evaluation / Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention at Public Health – Seattle & King County.
HealthierHere knows that many of our community members and frontline staff at local community-based and clinical organizations have unanswered questions about whether or not the COVID-19 vaccine is right for them, and if it is - how to navigate a confusing and stressful system.
The vaccine landscape is changing quickly, and not all community members have had the opportunity to participate in town halls or other information sharing sessions to get their questions answered. On Tuesday, April 6th from 3 - 4:30pm HealthierHere will host an informal Q&A webinar to help address this need.
What you'll learn
We will have a diverse panel of local leaders representing community-based and clinical organizations who can speak to the most common questions and concerns they are hearing from their communities, as well as answer questions from the audience. Panelists will also be able to provide personal testimony about their own experiences with the vaccine.
- differences between the 3 approved vaccines
- how the COVID-19 vaccine differs from the flu shot and other common vaccines
- the benefits of getting vaccinated
- side effects and potential downsides
- which groups were represented in the clinical trials
- how to access the vaccine when it’s your ‘phase’
- and more
Who should attend?
All are welcome. This webinar is ideal for those who are still deciding whether the COVID-19 vaccine is right for them, particularly frontline staff at community-based organizations (CBOs) and clinics, as well as community members in and around the King County, WA region.
How to join
This event will be held virtually via Zoom. Register: https://bit.ly/covidvax-apr6
Where can we learn more?
There's a lot of information out there. Here are a few resources to consider: